Credit Compliance Advocates Service
Navigating credit reporting compliance can be very challenging if you are not aware of all of the consumer protection laws that regulate collectors, creditors, and credit bureaus.
Our job is to take that heavy burden of obtaining a accurate and complete credit file off your shoulders by holding the creditors, debt buyers, and credit bureaus to Federal compliance.
What are the maximum possible accuracy standards of the FCRA?
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) has a "maximum possible accuracy" standard for credit reporting agencies, which means that credit reporting agencies must take reasonable steps to ensure that the credit information they provide is as accurate as possible. This standard applies to all credit reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, specialty credit reporting agencies, and data furnishers.
In order to comply with the maximum possible accuracy standard, credit reporting agencies must:
- Investigate consumer disputes: Credit reporting agencies must investigate consumer disputes regarding credit information that they have provided.
- Verify credit information: Credit reporting agencies must verify the credit information that they have obtained before providing it to others.
- Update credit information: Credit reporting agencies must update credit information that they have provided if they are informed that the information is inaccurate.
- Maintain reasonable procedures: Credit reporting agencies must maintain reasonable procedures to ensure that credit information is accurate, complete, and current.
- Remove inaccurate information: Credit reporting agencies must remove credit information that is inaccurate or cannot be verified.
Why Choose Us?
When you choose us, you can be confident that you are working with a reputable, experienced and passionate team that will help you achieve your credit goals. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.
Looking for an Partner to assist your business with your clients credit needs?
Please contact us to discuss your needs so that a action plan can be created especially for you.